SMS Studio Connections
SMS Studio communicates with Short Message Entities (e.g. SMS gateway, SMS center, or mobile device) in order to exchange SMS messages.
A connection in SMS Studio defines the type and the properties of an SME. The following connection types are supported:
- CSP Connection - Connects to an SMS Studio Server application through CSP protocol (high-performance protocol for connecting CodeSegment applications).
- CSP Server Connection - Accepts a connection from an SMS Studio application through CSP protocol.
- Email Connection - Sends and receives email messages by using SMTP and POP3 protocols.
- EMI/UCP Connection - Connects to an SMS center through EMI/UCP protocol (v3.1.2, v3.5, v4.0, v4.5, v4.6).
- EMI/UCP Server Connection - Accepts a connection from another application through EMI/UCP protocol.
- Emulator Connection - A special type of connection that emulates an SME which receives and sends messages (useful tool for testing purposes).
- External Application Connection - Runs external applications to send and receive messages.
- FBUS Connection - Uses SIM card inserted into a Nokia mobile phone connected through serial connection (RS232 or USB). Consult Supported Devices.
- GSM AT Connection - Uses SIM card inserted into a mobile device (phone or modem) connected through serial connection (RS232, IrDA, USB or Bluetooth). Consult Supported Devices.
- HTTP Connection - Connects to an SMS gateway through HTTP protocol (fully adaptable to various SMS gateways requirements).
- Loopback Connection - Returns back sent messages (useful for exchanging messages between services).
- ODBC Connection - Uses a database as an SMS gateway, thus enabling external entities (e.g. application, web service, etc.) to exchange messages with SMS Studio.
- SMPP Connection - Connects to an SMS gateway through SMPP protocol (v3.3, v3.4 and v5.0).
- SMPP Server Connection - Accepts a connection from another application through SMPP protocol.